I can’t say enough about how much I enjoy this recipe for the best crockpot turkey chili and I can not count how many times I have made the best crockpot turkey chili for me and my family!
To make the best Crockpot Turkey Chili which is delicious and smells wonderful during the 8 hours of cooking.
I came across this recipe for crockpot turkey chili about a decade ago. I have made adjustments over the years as anyone does with food to bring it up another level.
So let’s get to it!
First, what to buy for the best crockpot turkey chili, this makes 6-8 large bowls:
- 3lb of turkey meat (can substitute ground beef or other)
- 1, 15 to 16oz can of Great Northern Beans
- 1, 15 to 16oz can of Kidney Beans
- 2, 10.5oz – Cans of Tomato Soup
- 2, 10oz – Cans of Rotel (mild, unless you like it spicey!)
- 1, 8oz – Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1, 14.5oz Can of Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 White Onion
- 1, 16oz bag of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- 2 tsp of Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp of Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp of Cumin
–Optional, but guarantee success!–
- 2 Green Chilis (if you like it hot!)
- 1/2 tsp of Tumeric (great for helping with inflammation)
- 1/4 tsp of pepper (increases turmeric’s effectiveness)
- 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Maca
- 5-10 good shakes of Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of Baking Soda (if you want to cut the acid from the Tomatoes, cut out the chilis and red pepper if looking to cut some spice down)
Here are the 3 steps (The first is optional)
- Brown meat in a saucepan and add to crockpot. (I do this to keep the texture of the meat as a crumble, if not the meat will become small and less noticeable in the rest of the dish.)
- Mince Onion (save half if desired for toppings).
- Open cans and add everything to the crockpot.
Finally, set the crockpot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours to cook the crockpot turkey chili.
Before you know it your home will smell so warm and delicious!
As an option I highly recommend honey biscuits to go with the meal, Pillsbury does a great job with these!
Once everything is cooked and ready for serving do the following:
- Scoop into the bowl from the crockpot the turkey chili
- Cover in a healthy amount of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Add some leftover onions
- Add a couple of dollops of Sour Cream
BOOM, dinner is served and for leftovers just put the crockpot turkey chili back into the fridge after it cools down for 2-3 hours, then bring it out the next day and leave it on warm for 6-10 hours before serving and you’re ready for round 2!